Wednesday, December 13, 2006

comments? criticisms?

There is a heap of stuff and happenings that never make it on this here blog.
As a matter of fact, if the purpose of this electronic journal was to give a comprehensive report of all my life's doings, it has decidedly failed. A person's inner workings are deep; they contain many wells. Consider my public pontificating a carefully chosen dipperful. Be assured that you won't be offered a hastily chosen quaff from my personal wine-cellar; only the fruit of the vine fit for general consumption, folks. So, which topics never make the cut?
You won't learn about someone else's problems here (exception: the anonymous lady at a church service with slime-colored hair). So stop looking.
You won't come across a list of concerns that wake me at 3 a.m.. I give that list to God.
Nothing here that smacks of gossip or disappointment in others, I hope!
I try to steer clear of presumptuous instruction, although I can't help but get the teensiest bit preachy every now & then. Sorry, it's a built-in feature.
I keep others' privacy of utmost importance. (So don't worry that my confidences will end up as blog-fodder!)

What's left to fill these glowing pages with?
Things that stir up the imagination.
Book excerpts, articles, quotes and poetry that challenge and inspire.
Skewed points of view that make me think.
Stories that I can't wait to tell. Meet me for coffee, and you'll get an earful of those!
Food-related experiences. I'm just sharing the love....
The amazing array of characters that make up my circle of friends and family.
Bible-thoughts.
...and other regular stuff of my day.

Any suggestions? #1 Son likes to announce confidently after one of mom's amazing meals: "Comments to the Chef!" He's a funny boy.
The box is open for comments to the chef. Bring it on.

1 Comments:

Blogger TrashTidBits said...

I'd like to hear your stories that you can't wait to tell. When can we go for coffee?

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home