Wednesday, November 29, 2006

little things

Things that brought me happiness in the last 24 hours:

-eight pounds of apples for 2 bucks. I snapped them up yesterday afternoon and #1 Daughter and I made two huge apple-cranberry crumb pies. That's a dollar per pie.

-more balmy weather. I dragged pile after pile of wet leaves into the back fields, leaving swaths of green lawn for my viewing pleasure. I only need to tidy the garden to be ready for winter.

-having Hubby join us for reading aloud. We are reading "Hittite Warrior": historical fiction from around the time of the Book of Judges.

-a flute rehearsal with a cool piano part.

-a late-night talk replete with candlelight and large pillows for lounging. Oh, and a box of kleenex.

So, what's your bliss?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

getting out Christmas decorations for the second year -- and having things that were strange and new last year be familiar and full of yuletide this year.

oh -- and having a baby to smile and coo at all the while I hang garlands of berries.

and knowing that friend -- #7 is it? -- will be here soon.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Lore Ferguson said...

i was going to say that D!

bliss: being homeward bound in t-minus eight days. the eighteen hour drive alone in my car will be full of anticipation and no bordem whatsoever. i'm coming HOME!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home