Monday, November 20, 2006

Peter, Paul & Mary

Yes. The Peter, Paul & Mary concert was worth the drive. They have sung together for 46 years. That's gotta say something. They had more energy than I expected, considering each of them is approaching seventy years of age! Hearing them belt out their hits, each a time-capsule from my childhood, was magical.
The other magical experience of that evening was entering the Stanley Theater in downtown Utica. WOW. We strolled under the brightly lit marquee right into the Roaring Twenties: brocaded velvet curtains, plush art-deco carpet, royally curving staircases, and gilded sconces everywhere.
I would love to take in a movie there, just for the ambience.

This morning, reality greets me. I have 9 songs to record for a student. (First, I have to learn them.)#1 Son is presently helping me accomplish this. Next, I have a rehearsal with a professor. Then, a masterclass for which I don't have the music yet. I will pick that up in a few minutes when I arrive at Crane. Then, a performance with a student. Maybe writing this schedule down will help me keep my head on straight. I hope so.
My little darlings will have their heads in books all afternoon. Supper is thawing in the sink. Hubby is working hard. Friend #12 is student-teaching.

Now that I have my ducks in a row, I'm outta here.

1 Comments:

Blogger TrashTidBits said...

Glad you enjoyed the concert. Wish I was there since I like them too.

I've arrived in southern California. Check my blog for an update.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home