Monday, November 06, 2006

Chez Nancy

brown 1.5 lb of ground beef, drain
simmer a heap of brown rice
sautee fresh mushrooms, sweet onion, garlic, and broccoli florets
whisk together a white sauce with butter, milk and cream
season with salt & pepper
combine all in a sunny yellow (greased) casserole dish
smother with shaved cheese
bake at 350 degrees later this afternoon.

serve with homemade bread (courtesy of the bread-maker)

This is classic "Hamburger Helper" without the added junk.
It also is the kind of stuff that sticks to my family's ribs and propels them to ask for seconds. With dinner-prep behind me, I am free to cart kids around town, coach an opera star, fill in at opera rehearsal, play an oboe recital, rehearse with a flutist, and come home late to a yummy dinner.
Some days ya just feel like super-mom...

4 Comments:

Blogger TrashTidBits said...

You are super-mom. I'm surprised you're not trying to fit a kayaking trip in today...it is beautiful out.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

I agree With Laura!

You are ALWAYS SUPER-MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Pete

7:24 PM  
Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

I will agree with the "some days you feel like a super-mom" part. I love leaving with the house with plans, dinner, and home all together. Can't say it always happens, but it sure feels good when it does!

But maybe the point is that that is not what makes a super-mom.

Still, you and I know that that is what feels like a super mom. :)

8:26 AM  
Blogger Pete said...

Hmmm, I think that our families should get together before friday. Because I'm leaving friday. So if I dont see you before. It would be two whole weeks. Without eye contact and multiple hugs from a Hull!

-Pete

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home