Wednesday, July 11, 2007

the BMP

Today I bring you a generous helping of the daily stuff of life. You might understand my continued infatuation with Spain memories after you read this.
We have a Big Mold Problem in the cellar. I take that back. We had a BMP in the cellar. The jury is still out on whether or not the problem is completely resolved, but my favorite family came together in a big way today to tackle it. Being extremely (and conveniently) allergic to mold, I was exempt. So guilty was I, that I scrubbed the bathrooms in penitence. (Believe me, after me being away for three weeks, they were at medium terror level.)
Brave superheroes #1 Son, #1 Daughter, and Friend #12 spent a few hours hauling old paint cans, rusted shelving, moldy insulation, and you-don't-want-to-know-what-else from the cellar into the yard. I won't give details about the 5 gallon stoneware crock that contained congealed pickle slime. Let me just say that when you trolley a container like that into the back field, it sloshes. By the grace of God, #1 Daughter kept her lunch down.
Hubby arrived home to oversee the next steps. I don't know all the details, but there is some kind of back-pack looking thing with hoses and spouts attached lying on the grass outside. Gallons of bleach stand at the ready alongside assorted face masks. It looks like some kind of chemical spill squad is about suit up and descend the cellar steps.
The BMP seems to be contained for the moment. And the bathrooms here are clean enough for the Queen of England. That's the news from Knapp Station, New York. Where all the men are strong, the women good-looking, and the children above average.

1 Comments:

Blogger TrashTidBits said...

Let me know if you need any additional help with the BMP. We have dealt a lot with this here at the reservation and have lots of experience with cleaning up and preventing future BMP.

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home