Thursday, October 11, 2007

extra, extra, hear all about it

As jam-packed as our days are, I have added a few extras to my week this semester. I regret none of them. They are as follows:

Monday evenings: #1 Son and I joined the Potsdam Community Chorus. He sings tenor (and is a section leader!) and I sing lowly alto. I also got snagged to accompany the men's sectional rehearsal each week during regular rehearsals. #1 Son is learning a significant violin solo that will be featured in our November concert, which will be a great opportunity for him. On top of all this, we are thoroughly enjoying the talents and capers of Dr. Joshua Oppenheim, our conductor.

Thursday evenings: my dear pastor has been presenting a series on Biblical Manhood and Biblical Womanhood at the College Life Center. 1.5 hours of riveting, challenging, and life-changing stuff. Next Thursday is the last session. As McDonald's says, "I'm lovin' it."

Friday afternoons: don't laugh. I am a bonafide member of the Early Music Ensemble at Crane. There are four of us and we play recorders. It's a blast, I'm not very good at it, its a low pressure situation, and no, we don't have any performances on the docket. So don't ask when you can come hear us.

Friday evenings, as schedules permit: an inductive Bible study of First Peter. Break out the graph paper and colored sharpies. Get ready to furrow your brows, squint intensely, and
sharpen your study skills. You can join us if you are so inclined.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home