Monday, January 25, 2010

very very funny

This article made me laugh hysterically.

How does a thing like this happen? Too much leaning over? A shove from behind?
A high-heel malfunction? Drunkenness? Over-enthusiasm?

Perhaps the painting's skewed perspective caused a temporary loss of balance. I suppose it could happen. And then it's not the fault of the viewer at all, right?

I feel such sympathy for the person who caused all this hoop-lah. Because for the rest of his/her life, every trip to a museum, china shop, or playing card tower-building exposition will be fraught with fear that something like this would happen again.

WHY is this so very funny to me?

3 Comments:

Blogger Lore Ferguson said...

I think it is only very funny to you because you make the people around you who do silly things like rip paintings and break pfaltzcraft in thrift stores panicky. =)

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nanc,
I just read this article 2 minutes ago and thought "I have to send this to Nancy, it is hysterical"!
judy

6:50 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

The artwork is usually ginormous, so why does one stand so close to it? Too risky.... By the way, Mr. Bean is the funniest!

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home