Thursday, January 07, 2010

a peek into the past

This precious toddler is Hubby's dad. This tow-headed darling is now seventy-seven years young. He resides in Albuquerque New Mexico.

Here, this sweet baby boy poses with his grandfather and a basket of apples. The location was Derby, Connecticut. The year was around 1933.

The aforementioned grandfather is great-great grandfather to #1 Son and #1 Daughter. A gentleman dressed in white back then, you betcha.

Toddlers take the cake in adorableness, then & now. Note the Christopher Robin-esque shoes. The dimpled elbow. The chubby bottom.

This poor dog seemed to comply with the mode of transportation.

This chubby, dimpled baby grew into a little boy who sailed the ocean blue.
I don't know who the photographer was, but check out the composition! Perfect.

Another great shot -as if the lay of the rope was arranged. I'm fairly certain it wasn't.

Belted wool pea coat. Wool knit cap. Is this a page from a Woolrich catalog?

I love the squint of wisdom in this salty face. This salty face grew up, married, and fathered my dear Hubby.

These terrific photos (and others like them) will eventually have a place of honor in our dining room. But I just couldn't wait any longer to share them with the world.

1 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

Those are wonderful indeed!
My dad has several that are wonderful as well. But he has them. I think I should have acquired them before it was too late, perhaps... *sigh* But hey, you never know. And my mom can be found in a huge straw fashion hat with her little bob at the age of 5. So cute. *sigh*

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home