Thursday, December 17, 2009

who needs the lottery?

My Christmas Blessing List:

-my two teens. They absolutely love spending time together. Not a day goes by that they are not texting, emailing, face-booking, or calling each other. They get together for lunch. They attend social events together. They hang out and do nothing together. I like that.

-my Hubby. He is doing the dishes right this very minute. I insisted he NOT, as he put in a very full day. But he is in the kitchen, scrubbing away. He is even humming as he goes about it!

-our insert wood-stove. #1 Daughter and I have taken up residence in front of it in the morning. Today we read a few chapters from the book of Daniel and also Sarah Orne Jewett's The Country of the Pointed Firs. I highly recommend reading both books! I also highly recommend warming your feet in front of a wood stove while you do so.

-my mom-in-law. The other day, she came upstairs to give me a generous serving of red globe grapes, seeded and cut in half. She called it a belated birthday present. It was the absolute PERFECT snack. If you have never tried these grapes, you simply must! It takes only a few minutes to cut them in half and scrape the seeds out. Do a whole bowl full and then enjoy the fruit of your labor (literally). My mom-in-law, who I affectionately call Mumsie, is always looking for ways to be a blessing.

-My pastor and his wife. They happen to be the best two friends a person could wish for. They also happen to have wonderful children, too. I like to be around them; any place, any time. It is also very handy that they live up the street only a short walk away.

Life is good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

:) You, too.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home