Thursday, December 10, 2009

alright already

I bow to my reader's wishes in posting this pic of my newest auction deal. Stop begging, now. It is very unbecoming.

At approximately 11 feet long and 4 feet wide, this shaggy piece of furniture will look really spiffy in our dining room -that is, after it is scrubbed, repaired, and buffed to a satin-like shine with the TBA finish.

Initially, I am considering putting a coat of satin poly on the legs and the "apron".....and painting the top a shade of slate black to match our 8 ladder-back chairs. Since this table will comfortably seat 18, we shall have to acquire a few more chairs eventually!

Not too many homes have a dining area that can accommodate such a large table, which made it easy-peasy to scoop this baby up at a local auction for a very modest amount. A little less easy was getting it home! I am blessed that Hubby was able to load it on to his trailer with only inches to spare. He dryly mentioned that he was wondering what he was going to do with the large space in the barn that he recently cleared out.

As you can imagine, my list of Winter Projects is growing. Anyone who has a little extra elbow grease can come join me when the projects begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home