Tuesday, October 26, 2010

a weekend in the city


I booked out of town this weekend, starting on Thursday. The above image is positive proof that I was not breakfasting in northern NY, as an almond croissant and cafe au lait such as pictured above CANNOT BE FOUND NORTH OF ALBANY. I speak the truth.

This particular breakfast was partaken in the Chelsea neighborhood of NYC in a little French Cafe.

Ooh la la.


Dinner that evening found me here. But I am telling the tale out of order.


Later on in this post, I will explain why I was whisked away to the Big Apple for three days. But right this very minute, I want you to see my personal mecca while in the city: The Metropolitan Museum of Art.

I saw this beautiful painting.

-and this one ( a favorite!) up close.

The next day, I was in Garrison NY where I took my time seeing this.

My sweet & talented friend Julia Marie invited me to accompany her to Manhattan over the weekend, where she co-wrote a really cool song with this guy. You see, while they were working I went walk-about. It was a sweet deal for me.

I did spend quite a few hours listening in on their groove, though.

Here they are dancing to a drum track.

We dined at Duncan's Garrison home Sunday evening. I prepped the stir-fry & made the salad. I also made the host fall into his dishwasher.

-but that's a story for another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home