Thursday, February 23, 2006

Just for fun, I entered a contest.

(Well, not entirely just for fun. I want to win, too.)

A magazine is sponsoring a contest to increase the "curb-appeal" of your home. If you've noticed the front of our humble home, you know we could use a make-over in this department! When we bought our circa-1835 fixer-upper, its original brick was lurking under three unsightly porches. After the last porch was ceremoniously kicked away and the 100-year old dust settled, we contemplated what to do next. ( Rather, I contemplated. My hubby just got busy doing other important things.)
By the way, I did not use the word ceremoniously lightly about the last porch-demo. While hubby swung a sledgehammer at the skeletal frame, we (kids and I) stood cheering wildly across the street, filming its final creaking demise. Then we viewed the film forward and backward 20X. This is family fun at its most memorable.

Not to worry: none of these endearing details are in my potentially winning essay. Just the facts, ma'am, and a "before" picture of a very forlorn brick house in sore need of paint, shutters, a new front door, and basic landscaping.

I wish to announce with glee to the entire cyber-world that:
1) I am enjoying the slower pace of this season in my life. Who would have time to consider even reading a magazine with my former schedule?
2) it's fun and therapeutic to dream, even about projects that are merely decorative in nature.
3) I am going to win a cool contest.

Just thought I'd let y'all know.

1 Comments:

Blogger 르네 said...

I like #3 the best =)

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home