Thursday, March 02, 2006

Just Desserts


I ate three pieces of humble pie this week.

First Helping: I neglected to inform someone that I definitely would be out-of-town on Saturday, and couldn't help them out. It was important to them, and I just forgot.

Second Helping: an unobstrusive as I hoped to be as a guest-performer in a class, I walked in on someone else's performance. Bang. Right in the middle of an awkward situation. Profuse apologies swiftly followed, but the deed was done. Sigh.

Third, and Biggest Helping: I intended to accompany those 17 students in French Diction I, truly I did. Only I thought the class was at 1pm. A polite and inquisitive call from the prof at 10:25 am was enough to make me check my little black book: oops.

To top it all off, I could blame my mishaps on a tight schedule, but this has been a rather laid- back week. So, go figure.

There is a home-made apple pie in the kitchen, but I think I'll pass.
I've had enough pie for awhile....

6 Comments:

Blogger sam said...

It happens to the best of us.
I find myself having a harder time remembering things these days, no matter what the schedule looks like!
I have a Palm Pilot that I need to put to better use.
It would be really nice if it had an alarm (maybe it does) so it will beep at me when I'm supposed to be doing something.
Hope your afternoon goes better.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Lore Ferguson said...

i find that the more laid back of a week i have under my belt, the more i forget to do all the things i'm supposed to be doing.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

Say, can I have your piece since you're passing on it?

7:23 PM  
Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

Say, can I have your piece since you're going to pass on it?

7:24 PM  
Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

Say, can I have your piece since you're going to pass on it?

7:25 PM  
Blogger thisrequiresthought said...

you want to eat THREE pieces, too?

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home