Saturday, September 09, 2006

weekend doings

The hotel lobby is gracious: trendy upholstery and geometric designs abound, along with a giant clock on the far wall that looks like it came from a Williamsburg clocktower. Hubby and I are here for the weekend. He is speaking at a men's breakfast, and I am sipping robust coffee and reading Newsweek. And posting about nothing online.

-I awoke this morning to hear of a miracle: a young boy whom we have been desperately praying for awoke from his coma-like state today, asking for his mother. This news came by cell-phone, and I was crashingly relieved to hear it. I ask God many questions while I am traveling upstream, and at moments like this one, I think He and I see eye-to-eye. By the way, one doesn't have to be in a kayak to travel upstream...

-Today and tomorrow we visit with dear old friends in the ministry. These folk are salt of the earth and I am looking forward to being in their easy presence.

-Tomorrow after church, I depart solo for home. Hubby stays behind to join the rest of the team traveling to the Dominican Republic for 10 days. #1 Son and #1 Daughter tag along, too. WHATEVER WILL I DO BY MYSELF FOR TEN DAYS?

I'll think of something.
Thanks for praying for my family.

1 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

You can come have dinner with us on more than one occasion! And you can even spend a day or two hangin' with us. I'll be in touch!

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home