Friday, December 22, 2006

getting the boot

Can I relate a shopping-tale?
I own (and love) a pair of black boots that are sorely in need of replacement. They have been a friend to my feet for over six years, coming to me via a half-price sale at a very upscale department store. They are perfect for dressing up or down and have been my footwear of choice for days spent on my feet while shopping, sight-seeing, museum-ing, working and hanging out. But alas, they are showing extreme signs of loving wear and tear, not unlike the child's raggedy stuffed animal that needs a trip to the washing machine.
So when Hubby asked, "What do you want for Christmas?", I heaved a wind tunnel-like sigh and answered "boots".
We spent Sunday afternoon doing some Christmas shopping together and it was time to look for those fantasy boots: the exact replica of the dinosaurs on my feet. I thought I would check out the meager offerings at TJ Maxx while we were there, not really hoping to find anything. (O ye of little faith.) The first boots I spotted were my size. They fit like an old glove. They were EXACTLY like the boots on my feet, no kidding. They were on clearance. I looked around for the hidden camera or at least a small heavenly host declaring the good news. Of course, there was only the general bustle of uninterested shoppers that didn't understand the miracle at hand. Just like the shepherds in the next field who didn't get what the big deal was, star and all.
Forgive my excess. But for someone like me that doesn't love shopping, who is getting set in her ways and wants things replaced that always worked just fine, and is no slave to fashion anyway, it was a big deal and a reason to rejoice.
By the way, we all know the reason for the season is Jesus, not footwear purchases by a long shot. I just thought you'd enjoy a shopping-tale.
Is all.

3 Comments:

Blogger 르네 said...

is all =)

11:27 AM  
Blogger www.jean-e-oathout.blogspot.com said...

I do believe that our God is overjoyed to bring us into such times that show us that He loves us sooo much!

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh fun. I love shopping tales. :)

And can I just say that it isn't fair for you to write about such mouth-watering fare all the time? I want to eat after reading almost everything you write!!

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home