Thursday, December 28, 2006

a good one

- Lebanese meat pizzas are bubbling in the oven. The dough is chock full of yogurt and olive oil and the topping is a mixture of ground lamb, chopped tomato, garlic, pine nuts, and allspice. The picture in the cookbook looks good enough to eat. But it is a library book and they levy fines for that kind of behavior.
-There is also a large pot of turkey soup simmering on the stove.
-A George Winston CD is tinkling over the sound system.
-#1 Daughter is washing the kitchen floor.
-the guest room is prepped to receive company from Ohio and Tennessee.
-plans are in motion to visit the Birchbark Bookshop this afternoon.
-a dusting of snow reminds me to wear my new hand-knit scarf..
-all the folk under this roof are healthy & happy

Not every day is as pleasing as this. So no one can blame me for reveling in it, ay?

4 Comments:

Blogger kb said...

Well, you revel away, and I'll dream away. I trust you'll be taking good care of the select few of my TN family. I wish I could be in the lot, but alas, the el doesn't quite make it to Potsdam.

:)

1:53 PM  
Blogger thisrequiresthought said...

your name was lately on my very lips:
"I'm sad that kb will not be visiting."

...this time around.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the waiting for the fresh paint of a homemade gift to dry mentioned in a previous post may be the very paint on a beautiful shelf sitting in my bedroom. (Did Daniel tell you that every time I see this shelf I can't help but smile and say, I love that shelf!--because I do!)

I would have called and thanked you a bazillion times myself, except that I was the driver in this rigid state of NY. :) Alas, I will gush my gratefulness when next I see you.

Seriously, though, it is by far my favorite Christmas gift this year.

6:56 PM  
Blogger thisrequiresthought said...

yes, the very paint.
and consider your gratefulness already "gushed".

welcome back!

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home