Wednesday, January 31, 2007

daily happenings

-First things first: this morning I awoke with harmonies in my head. They were the leftovers from last evening's chamber music concert. This time, Brahms was the culprit. So there was nothing to do but pull out my dog-eared score of his G minor piano quartet and attempt the piano part. This tides me over until I get to my heavenly mansion where string players will greet me in the music salon. (Note: this is not proven doctrine, but imaginative stuff that is a comfort to me.)

-#1 Son and I headed out the driveway this morning and pointed the PT toward SUNY Potsdam. He had a lesson. I doled out the cold, hard cash to him in the car and excused myself to visit the library. I love libraries, you know. The treat that awaits me later this afternoon is to hoist four borrowed books onto my lap and read. The ability to read is such a rich gift.

-Chicken soup is simmering, filling the kitchen with its warm steam. Delivery is promised to a family who is fighting the flu. I put lots of love in my soup. To quote Marie Barone: "Meatballs: without the love, they are just a ball of meat."

-I drove to Crane again this afternoon. This time, I entered the building, strolled onto Snell stage, and accompanied a lovely, red-headed soprano in two French art songs.

-#1 Daughter baked dozens of heart-shaped sugar cookies this morning. We have the trappings to decorate them: white frosting, silver dragoons, multi-colored heart sprinkles, flaked coconut, and craisins.

-Since there is not a scheduled read-through of High Button Shoes this evening, I may challenge Friend #12 to a game of Upwords. Miraculously,our last game ended in a tie. I'm not satisfied with that kind of result.

2 Comments:

Blogger 르네 said...

were you satisfied with the results tonight? *wink*

10:32 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Feeling the cold and missing you guys. Hope all is well.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home