Sunday, December 09, 2007

Friendship Clubhouse skit

Does it qualify as eavesdropping if you overhear while lying in your own bed before the break of day and people are conversing just outside your open door in a very resonant hallway? The following quotations were all part of my morning wake-up call. I am not making this up.
Friend #37:
"I'm looking for a beard."
"Do you have a large box?"
"Does anyone have a baby doll I could borrow?"
"What kind of glue works with cotton balls?"
"What is tacky glue?"
"Where is the tacky glue in the craft room at church?"
"Do you have any masking tape because I want to....mask something."
"Is there a pillow around anywhere? I need it for a stomach."
"Do you have any wrapping paper?"
"Ana: can you be Eve?"
"Can I borrow a dollar bill? I'll pay you back..."
"Oh! Does anyone have a......(spoken hopefully) Santa hat?"

On his way out the door this morning:
"This is gonna be awesome."

3 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

Ah, youthful zeal for service is a wonderful thing. A bit zany at times, but a wonderful thing. Wait - I think I have a vague recollection of such stuff...

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And AWESOME it was! Kids hearts were certainly touched. Great job, Joe and company!

See you Tuesday.
Judes

6:48 PM  
Blogger TrashTidBits said...

Hey Nancy,

I come home tomorrow. My flight is scheduled to arrive in SYR at 1:40. I've had a great time in Texas!! We got a lot of work done. What is your schedule like? I'd like to take you out for birthday celebration sometime this week. I called earlier today and left a message with Joe.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home