Wednesday, December 12, 2007

gingerbreading

see my star?

a very jumbled up front yard!
the finished product. Note the jolly fellow on the rooftop.
boys can bake, too. check out the frilly apron on #1 Son. What a guy.
getting the dough on to the pan is serious work.
"no more candy, Marky!" "sure, mom. whatever you say...."
chestnuts roasting on an open fire....with treble, tenor, and bass voices.

(To borrow a phrase from dear Friend #5b:) "It was a little zoo-ey around here...."
(To borrow the fashionable grammatical habit of making nouns into verbs:) We were "gingerbreading" with a friend and her five boys. This friend needs a number. I hereby dub her "Friend #17" for no particular reason. On top of the fact that I get to make up the rules, today is my birthday and I can do what I want to.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mom, do you forget? you ALWAYS do what you want. Happy Birthday, anyways. =]

-poods-

10:28 AM  
Blogger www.jean-e-oathout.blogspot.com said...

Happy Birthday, dear daughter-in-law! May you enjoy your day away with your hubby! I appreciate you so very much for making life worth the living for him and the children!

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nancy!!! Thanks so much for your life. Jean shared this link to your blog with me. It has been very uplifting, inspirational, and edifying. I like to check it during my lunch at work. I looked through all of your pictures, and you've made me feel like I was really there with you! Have a great birthday today. I hope that it is filled with love. Love, Lysa

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for making a wonderful Christmas memory for my boys. There's nothing like "gingerbreading" at the Hull's during the holiday season!
Happy Birthday!!
Judes

4:56 PM  
Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

Didn't hear about your get away until you were gone away! Hope you had a wonderful birthday - now you won't get my gift until the day is past. It still is full of good wishes!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home