Wednesday, January 30, 2008

patching things up

Believe me when I say this: I could never host a craft-blog. Any resident craftiness of mine is more along the lines of sneakiness and trickery (all in fun of course). BUT.

Lately, I have been clever with a needle and thread. And in a typical display of sneakiness, I slipped into Friend #7's bedroom when she was not at home and helped myself to her recycled, color-coordinated and meticulously folded pile of fabric remnants. Being a "my stuff is your stuff"-type girl, she is usually thrilled when I snitch a pinch from her treasures, but this time she wailed dramatically when she came home from work. She said (and I quote):

"But that's my Sound of Music Von Trapp Family Singers material!"

Oops.
My other choice (the green corduroy with embroidered St. Bernards) was not begrudged of me, seeing that she had a whole two pant-legs left of that.

Anyway. I rescued (someone say "re-purposed"?) two pairs of jeans from the dustbin and put them stylishly back into circulation.
That about wraps it up for the type of fun I'm having. How 'bout y'all?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home