Saturday, March 29, 2008

downloading some recent pics

Yummy things are going on in the kitchen this morning, courtesy of company arriving for dinner. And also courtesy of the fact that I needed to clean out the vegetable drawer.

We chopped willy-nilly and look what came together:

To fresh cauliflower, broccoli, grape tomatoes, and shredded carrot, we added a dressing of Newman's Own Sesame Ginger (the best) and a few tablespoons of tahini. Then I tossed in a cup of bulgur wheat and called it Asian Salad.

Well, what else could you call it?

In another kitchen on another day, this guy rolled me some sushi. I had my choice: tuna or hot dog.

I chose tuna.
Surely you have heard of Second Breakfast?
This was my Second Lunch. It empowered me to help with this:

Peach with Marshmallow trim. So regal and serene!
It is almost a shame that furniture and carpet have to be moved in, as they may interfere with the atmosphere.
That's a grand piano under the sheet.

We could unveil THAT and it wouldn't disturb the vibe.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Things I find out by reading Nancy's blog:

1. my brother can make sushi?!?!

2. my mom's front living room looks beautiful!

Thanks for keeping me up-to-date with my family. ;)

1:04 PM  
Blogger thisrequiresthought said...

as for your brother, maybe he learned by playing with the wooden sushi that belongs to your kids....

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home