Tuesday, March 11, 2008

the kids of #112a and #112b

Yesterday, we made our own play-dough.

While it was still warm from the saucepan, we added food coloring and kneaded it with gusto.
#1 Daughter and I divvied this glorious stuff up between three sweet kiddies. Then we all made snakes and snowmen and whole families of duckies and butterflies. This simple bowl of dough entertained the troops for much longer than I expected.

The grand finale was this pizza, complete with "pepperoni" and "green peppers".
What a relaxing way to spend the afternoon!

I must add this:
What I don't know about the Star Wars Trilogy could fill the cargo hatches of a fleet of intergalactic space vehicles. (See? I don't even know the correct terms to display my ignorance.)
But the eldest child of Friends #112a and #112b has enlightened me. Somewhat. At least now I know how much I don't know.

I found this video online though, and I think it helped me get a handle on the whole thing. Enjoy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard about Gabriel threatening you.

*sigh*

I'm glad you have a sense of humor. :)

They loved having you. In fact, I think they wish I'd stayed away longer!

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Nancy! Is this THE Nancy H.? I am pretty sure it is :) I love your ideas for lots of playdough. You are an inspiring person and a dear to read. :) I like your blog.
(wife to Jeremy)

8:11 AM  
Blogger thisrequiresthought said...

thanks, dee, wife of jeremy!

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a delightful account of a delightful day. You are such a blessings to my kids. Thanks.
Phyllis

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home