Saturday, May 03, 2008

dinner on the porch

You know you want to.
-join us for dinner, that is.

The first Dinner-on-the Porch will be served promptly at 6:30 p.m.
The entire fam will be present, including Friend #7 and Friend #37.

Le Menu de Jour: Roast Chicken, Broccoli and Roasted Red Pepper Salad, Rice, and Iced Tea.
The View: our recently remodeled orchard (two new additions today), greening meadows, and faded barns.
The Conversation: unpredictable
The Post-Dinner Entertainment: Free Concert featuring the Durufle Requiem with the Crane Chorus and Orchestra.

Sorry we didn't invite you in time enough for you to come.
But we will graciously make a place for you if you come at nine p.m. with cake.

Oh, and whipped cream too.
Please.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to come! I'm already in my pjs and now am sorely tempted to get dressed again just so I can join you. The company sounds just as appealing as the whipped cream. :)

But 9pm is late for this girl... I will have to think about it.

6:59 PM  
Blogger TrashTidBits said...

I've enjoyed many dinners on the porch. They are wonderful. I'll take a rain check since I'm enjoying The Sagamore this week. We arrived last night. Had a great weekend of ministry time. We will be resting most of the day.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Selah said...

O.K. I am having a few negative thoughts: "If Nan has not assigned you a number, does that mean that you are not a friend"..."Is this one of those times when you should desire to be just a number"...But then Laura said she thinks one must request a number...But I said that knowing what a sweet, thoughtful friend Nan was, I would probably be number 498,264,932,107...and I would have trouble remembering my number...
Love you, Nan, and looking soooo forward to being together...realllll soon.
Sue

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just for the record, I think you owe your readers a night on the porch with cake and whipped cream just for tantalizing us so cruelly. I mean, you must agree that you phrased things rather cunningly! :)

3:29 PM  
Blogger thisrequiresthought said...

Me?
CUNNING?

-said the spider to the fly.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home