Saturday, November 01, 2008

broken world

Articles like this remind me of our broken world.

God sees all. God is omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent. All knowing. Ever present. All powerful. At times, I smolder with indignation that He could fix all things, but He seems to hold back from doing so.

I am learning, as this week's post declared. Yes, frustration rises within me and almost eclipses the call to pray. But I am learning to pray anyway. Why? Because prayer changes things.

Yes, I have questions that have yet to be answered about pain and sorrow on this side of heaven. But I am learning to believe His Word when He says He is just. I am reminded that one day, every knee shall bow to Him; every tongue confess that He is LORD. The story is not over, but the ending is sure.

Yes, I am tempted to shy away from international news about violence, famine, war, and disease.
My heart could easily become hardened, faithless, cold, and unbelieving as a result of too much reality. Yet I know a better way.

As I go about my peaceful business this day, I endeavor to hold a piece of the grief of this world in my heart. May it season me, move me, allow me to grow in gratitude, and make me a world-changer. May it move the weakest muscle in my body (the one that reaches into my wallet) to write a check. May I be mindful that we live in a big, wide world that needs Him desperately.

Are you with me?

1 Comments:

Blogger 르네 said...

yeah - so sad yet so true. God is in control of all.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home