Friday, October 31, 2008

wondering

I wonder if any trick-or-treaters will knock on our door tonight. If that candy (kit-kats, snickers, and butterfingers) doesn't disappear, I may have to burn it.

I wonder what #1 Son is up to. Last I heard, he was headed for Auburn, NY. Of course, I know what he is generally up to. He is traveling with the Julia Marie Band, running sound for the gigs, playing with little kids that live in the houses they invade, and eating at Panera/Starbucks any chance he gets. Which is pretty often, I suspect.

I wonder how I will stay fit during the long winter. I say "the long winter" like it is the title of a book. It is. I trust our upcoming winter doesn't in any way resemble the one of Laura Ingalls Wilder fame.

I wonder where my box of Thanksgiving decor is lurking. It has this in it (scroll down to photo #3)--and I really, really need to find it. It is somewhere in the back shed where stacks of storage boxes have reached dizzying heights. I dare not look for it unassisted. Or at least without wearing a hardhat.

I wonder about that noise in the wall. I makes me think of this.

I wonder how our country is going to fare after next week's presidential election.

I wonder what Hubby and I will have for dinner tonight. #1 Daughter is spending the weekend with Grandma Janet. Friend #7 is away for the BASIC retreat. Friend #12 is in Syracuse for her ESL class. #1 Son has already been discussed. That leaves me and Hubby. Hey, I have an idea. Maybe we should dress up as McCain/Palin and go door to door for candy.

Kidding. So much kidding.

3 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

Coming home to snow and full houses and craziness and julia marie band gigs and all that good stuff. Yea!!

Then in one month Miss Danica will join us with her two little munchkins for more full houses and craziness and julia marie band gigs (I hope she can catch one!) and all kinds of other good stuff! Hooray!

6:10 PM  
Blogger TrashTidBits said...

I wonder if you and I will get another kayaking trip in when during my upcoming visit. See you soon.

9:23 AM  
Blogger 르네 said...

wow - a quiet home all to yourselves - what a rarity =) We'll all be back to invade the silence on Sunday - such a short time away.

ps - loved the McCain/Palin idea - made me laugh =)

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home