Monday, January 03, 2011

photo fun

In emptying out my camera card, I came across some fun times.
Here, in absolutely no particular order, are a few of them.

Two young friends from Crane ( where I work) came over for dinner & cookie-making. They took the decorating quite seriously. One is a vocalist who also plays flute. The other is a pianist who is a gifted choral conductor.

This is my neighbor's son. He made this contraption out of spare parts. It has an engine which runs on gas. I am unclear about exactly what it does. He was pretty excited about it, though.

The Buchanan/McCarthy family joined us for dinner. I love these people. A good time was had by all.

Here are two ladies-in-waiting. While waiting, one of them sported some attitude. How ladylike!

This is my thrifted leather chair. Well, some of it is well-worn leather and some of it is perfectly-matched vinyl. But whatever. It cost me forty bucks & I love it.

This is my partner in crime. We totally own this corner of Little Italy restaurant in Saranac, NY. Not really. But it feels that way whenever we eat there -which has been twice now.

On Thanksgiving afternoon, I gave my niece kitchen chores. She complied cheerfully. In this pic, she is mixing the dressing. I would call it "stuffing", but we baked it this year.

(Do you know how much fat there is in real stuffing? It's a food crime to eat that stuff.)

-not that we have anything against caloric intake. Take these doughnuts made from scratch, for instance. I think I ate four of them while they were still warm.

More food? Well, yes. Caramelized Onion & Asparagus Tart was quite the hit. I wish I had some right this minute.
On one of my last forays onto the river I snapped this shot. That's our house & garage up on the bank. For the remainder of the winter I can only see the reverse of this view -out my kitchen window. It's not a bad view, but still I would rather be out on the water looking homeward.

Lastly, I share this interior shot of the Little Yellow House around the corner, where these breathtaking floors lingered under swaths of linoleum, subflooring, and/or carpeting for many a year gone by. Isn't it 'bout time they were uncovered? I rather think so.

Now that it is a new year, I will wash my camera card clean ( or unload it into the memory of my computer) & start afresh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home