Sunday, January 16, 2011

whining on the couch

The couch is quite snuggly; the blankets she has tucked round me so warm. Why then is my entire body (including hair follicles & eye lids) aching so? I also have a large glass of cold ginger ale at my shaky arm's reach.

They call it the flu.

I am quite spoiled here in broad, flat, chilly, gray Texas; the biggest state of the Lower 48. I think Texans love their Biggest State title so much, that they refuse to acknowledge the even larger other thing (Alaska). They sniff & call it a "territory". So I've heard.

I would find the digital proof of this hearsay & link to it, if only my tired fingers (which hurt when they tap keys) and my tired eyes (oh the raging glow of this screen!) could manage it.

Wahh. Please allow me to whine & cry just this little bit? After all, I'm in Texas & everything is so big here, surely one 49-year old lady shivering on a couch isn't going to tip the balance.

Thanks for your generosity.

3 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

Thankful am I for your care by true friends. Perhaps it was for this very reason of constant care and attention that you arrived in big ol' Texas. Try to enjoy the pampering.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we miss you here and wish you weren't feeling so badly.
margaret

5:33 PM  
Blogger nymrsb said...

You have pampered many and are receiving back a portion of your investment. May you get well soon!

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home