Monday, March 06, 2006

Monday, Monday

Monday has a bad rap. I have learned to love Mondays. You gotta admit, some things are not worth learning to love. Lima beans, for example. But give Monday a break.

We are hosting a happy gathering tonight for dinner: #22's family, Friend #7 and her sidekick from Tennessee (Friend #10), and Friend #60 from Wheaton College. It will be a noisy and rambuncious crowd.
Here is a list of my kitchen chores:
-make fruit salad
-peel and chop ginormous butternut squash
- make wild rice and white rice ( choices are important here)
-marinate chicken and pork for grilling
-knead dough for dinner rolls
-thread veggies onto skewers for grilling
-set table with new linen tablecloth I nabbed at Target for $3.74

#1 Daughter will clean the kitchen and make the table setting divine with her artistic touches, to the tunes of #1 Son practicing his violin.
This is all in preparation for a memorable evening of food and fellowship with people I cherish.

What's not to love about Mondays?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Mondays, too! Monday is to me what Friday is to other stay-at-home moms-of-toddlers-and-babies, since Tuesday is Daniel's day off. That, of course, means it's a GRRRREAT day, full of anticipated relief and companionship; even though I can't claim such ambitious dinner plans myself (do homemade refried beans and rice count?!).

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home