Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Knapps Station Nightly News

Hubby, #1 Son, and Friend #12 toiled in the hot sun today. I made absolutely sure that the iced tea kept on coming. Yes, folks: today the painting began. Most of the eaves and windows have a coat of striking white primer. This is newsworthy. At least in Knapps Station, New York.

I have a copper-haired boy at my house tonight. His spunky demeanor and clever conversation make us smile. Tonight, he is interested in the eating habits of box turtles, as I presented him with one. It was a road-rescue. I hope his mom doesn't mind. It could be much worse. We have a snake in the side yard....

Other Knapps Station News: Friend #12 begins a new job tomorrow at the Akwesasne Reservation. This is an entirely new adventure for her, not at all like corraling kids at Beaver Camp.

Film at eleven.
nah. Scrap the film. We'll all be a-bed.

3 Comments:

Blogger TrashTidBits said...

Sounds like house painting to me. This is exciting.

I hope you didn't work friend #12 too hard since I have a busy day schedule for her tomorrow.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

Glad to know that work continues in nothern NY while we play a bit in the sun!

We were totally proud of Julia. She received many encouraging words of praise from attenders in the audience -- members of the LA Guitar Quartet, for instance. Comments on her tone and intrepretation. She had worked very hard on the latter and really excelled. We've decided that accuracy will be the next thing to perfect in attaining a winning package -- winning to our ears, anyway! The tone question is up for grabs. We cannot seem to determine just exactly what they were looking for, but it doesn't seem to be what we consider ideal. One fellow that Julia and Rick heard before and Julia heard this time was considered by both to be a shoe-in as a finalist and he didn't make it to the top five. After listening to the final round, I thought there was an obvious, head-and-shoulders above, winner. But they didn't choose him! Someone with what I would consider very immature tone took the gold. So, you never know what a certain panel of judges may be looking for. This is all very subjective stuff. Two out of the three judges were not even guitarists, which seemed odd at such a prestigious competition. But I'm sure they have the best set aside for the senior level.

All in all, it was fun, educational, great exposure (how else would Hallmark have gotten her name?), and a great experience.

Now for a bit of R & R and fun in the sun!

12:37 PM  
Blogger kb said...

Gee.."too bad" about the pictures:)

Hmm...I indeed need to come visit the Hull homestead. I can't say I'm suddenly overly busy. Perhaps I could even help with a bit o' paintin'. :)

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home