Monday, May 22, 2006

voiceless with something to say

a tickle in my throat
a bit of hoarseness
a touch of soreness

takes a dive for the worse overnight.
sigh. followed by a grrrrr.

During worship, I tried to not sing. Really, I did.

I avoided the clamor of Bagel Sunday (after church service). Okay, truth be told, I went downstairs anyway, just a bit late. And Friend #88 did most of the talking. Thanks, #88.

I stayed in the car during Daughter #1's riding lesson, so as to deflect any return greetings across a blustery riding arena.

I am resigned to hanging out in separate rooms from Friend #10 this evening, as the temptation to talk is too compelling. Having the TV on helps fill the silent gaps, too. I don't love the TV.

Hubby & kids are out tonight: worship practice and the big "24" Party... (I won't need to talk to them, at least!)

Is this whining?
sorry.

I'll just hang out a sign: Character Under Construction.

3 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

Reclusive moments. Something good will come of this, too. :)

8:45 PM  
Blogger TrashTidBits said...

24 party? I wish I was there. Sorry about your voice. Please do try to rest it since our Washington trip is around the corner.

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'm failing CUC 101... and I even have a 24/7 Tutor. :(

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home