Monday, May 08, 2006

Honey-Nut Crunch Surprise

What can one do with a day like mine?

I survey the schedule recorded in my ever-present pocket-calendar, and begin to gear up for a doozy. (or would that be doozie?) The end-of-the-semester crunch hits at this time every May, and I am feeling the weight of it; not that any one item is overwhelming, but the whole mix looks indigestable from this vantage point. My secret weapon, a travel-bible, stays at my hip.

TO-DO:
Send off special week-end guest,violin lesson, library, lunch "out", rehearsals, performances, juries, birthday dinner for Daughter #1, more rehearsals, and OH YEAH....teach school to the little darlings. Return phone calls. Plan a trip to Syracuse for violin-equipment. Maybe a bit of speed-practicing in between. (speed-practicing: skip all measures or beats you already know. Play out of tempo, hitting only passages that are yet unplayable. Believe me, this is not easy to listen to....)

GROCERY LIST:
Poise.
That's a necessity. Focus.
a tiny dose of humor.
And, oh my: grace. truck-loads of it. (and not just the divine kind.)
6 bags of water-softener salt


If I tank up now, slowly and determinedly (not that quick grapple of balance that comes after a surprise slip down the stair), I may look at this day with a backward glance and pronounce: YES!

And as for being a "sleuth for hidden blessings", today is the kind of day one needs to hunt the hardest. But the findings are worth the searching. Stay posted!

4 Comments:

Blogger 르네 said...

tell that lovely daughter of yours that I say 'happy birthday' =)

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your blog I almost thought I'd rather be your kind of busy than mine (you know--out and about a million different places vs. staying at home running after toddlers)... and then decided not. And it's not cause I'm learning contentment. I think you are an ambitious woman! :)

2:17 PM  
Blogger TrashTidBits said...

Just think...you'll be able to slow down when you visit Washington, DC with me in about a month.

5:35 PM  
Blogger thisrequiresthought said...

brietta:
is ambitious a synonym for nuts?
...'cause that's why the word "nut" is in the title of this post!

trashtidbits:
ahhhhhhhh.

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home