Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Potsdam Perks

Notes from my journal:

- the dogwood trees along Main Street and Market Street are in bloom, displaying delicate white blossoms and providing plenty of Haiku-material for the asking.

-The Bagelry now offers a bulk rate: buy one dozen, get 6 free on Mondays and Tuesdays. Whadda deal.

-The Children's Chorus of Crane sang like angels on Sunday afternoon. Daughter #1 recited her poetry onstage and a premier performance followed of Dr. Frackenpohl's music, set to her words. Four other children had that same honor. How neat is that?

-the Raquette River placidly flows through town, begging me for a visit. Soon, soon. I am awaiting a sunny day of at least 60 degrees.

-one of my favorite families lives just a few miles down the road. My impromptu visits are always welcomed there. Over-the-top hugs are their specialty.

-an impetuous visit to Evans and White on the island supplies me with a gallon of new paint for the mudroom: "La Terra", which is really pumpkin spice. Goodbye, Rapture Yellow. Will I remember to mail in the 5$ rebate? Somebody please remind me!

-standing on the corner waiting for the pedestrian light, I receive three greetings from friends in various passing vehicles. Hey, if I wanted to be incognito, I would've gone to Watertown.

I'm sure there are more perks for the picking, but time is of the essence.
Two posts in one day! (That gives me tomorrow off.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I had enough people in my house, I would take the bagelry up on their offer. As is, we'd just have a lot of stale bagels in our house if I came home with 18. :)

And please don't take the day off! I find your posts always interesting. I never know exactly what I'm going to get when I pop over here--and because of that, you've become one of my favorite "web jaunts."

9:35 PM  
Blogger TrashTidBits said...

I think that you would have to go farther than Watertown to be incognito. How about Washington, DC?

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home