Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Stuff of the Day

We have been reading The Chronicles of Narnia aloud this year. So far, we have devoured The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Prince Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Silver Chair, The Horse and His Boy (my personal favorite) and The Magician's Nephew. With only The Last Battle to go, I'm reasonable sure we will be finished by the end of May. Any suggestions to bring us through the summer? We will be road-trippin', which means lotsa reading aloud!

#1 Daughter is rejuvenated to work with her horses, as she had a riding lesson yesterday with a new teacher. It is a perfect spring day, and I pulled one of our porch rockers under the walnut trees to watch Emy in action. It has been a long winter. Time to get the barn repaired, manure removed, and horses back in gear. Time for a dozen outdoor chores. Time for lawns to be inspected, garden revamped, and houses to be spiffed up. But today, I think I'll just rock, thank you. ( I already biked for 45 minutes, and tomorrow my muscles will remind me!)

#1 Son helped me do some recording today. We set up in the living room, I plunked through a pile of notes, and he just handed me a shiny new CD to give a student. Sometimes technology comes through for me! Yes.

#1 Hubby has a meeting of minds tonight. 6 (or so) guys that come together for encouragement and fellowship. I'm happy to have a home that accomodates them. Most likely, there won't be a home-made dessert on the table for them tonight. Oh well.

I, myself, will visit a college student in her dorm. (That is, after delivering #1 Daughter to her dress-rehearsal at Crane and serving dinner to the fam.) I remember having friends from my church visit me in my dorm 22 years ago. If my imagination is sharp enough, I may even pretend I'm a student again. (Ok, if only for a brief moment!)

That should bring you up to speed with what's happening here.

Excuse me, the sun is beckoning me. A few more minutes of rocking before I rev up the PT Cruiser.....

4 Comments:

Blogger Lore Ferguson said...

You forgot to say that #7 was working very hard on her paper and wishing it were a weekend so that talking on the phone didn't cost anything and how terribly much you miss her and how, if she were home, there WOULD be a dessert on the table for the stomaches belonging to the seven male minds. You forgot to say all of that.

5:07 PM  
Blogger TrashTidBits said...

Nice spring day....the golf course called me. Of course, I couldn't resist and played my first 9 holes of the season. I did pretty good.

You forgot to mention dusting off the kayak and getting it ready for the water adventures.

8:42 PM  
Blogger 르네 said...

I rocked with you under the walnut trees once - it was a good time.

rock on. =)

8:47 PM  
Blogger thisrequiresthought said...

Tennesee Girl: there are many things I didn't say. But it doesn't mean I don't
THINK them....

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home