Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Un-News

This is the first evening in quite awhile that the whole family is home. The feel of summer is in the air; it reached 74 lovely degrees this afternoon, and for the first time this year, our windows are open. Ahhh. If only the yard didn't resemble a nuclear wasteland: grey grass, shreds of paper that never made it to the burn barrel, muddy ruts in the lawn from various vehicles, and a broken barn window. (Red-neck question: Can you vacuum a lawn?)

The special meetings at church ended last night, leaving me with the question: was that a taste of heaven? I think so, indeed.

I had my piano tuned and regulated today. My piano tuner is a gentle spirit and a good conversationist. He also is a fine technician, and always leaves me with a better instrument than the one I had when he walked in the door. My fingers are itching to ply my trade...

This evening's program is all Bach. Admission is free, but a free-will chocolate offering will be received.

4 Comments:

Blogger TrashTidBits said...

What time is the concert? I can bring chocolate and you won't have to worry about me eating it all before I get to your house.

I'll have to talk with Bill about burn barrels. Don't worry I'll eventually get him to stop using it.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, can I come? I bought some Ghirardelli dark chocolate last weekend and it's not gone yet...

9:08 AM  
Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

Too bad I didn't know. We all enjoyed a belated birthday celebration of Rick's 52nd at Mama Lucia's. Then we headed home to share Spain gifts (hadn't had time for that yet either) but a bit of Bach from such a fine piano and even finer pianist would have certainly been a welcome addition! And I could have offered my Spanish mild chocolate!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Lore Ferguson said...

I wish I was home and falling asleep to Bach. Last night I slept in Kelly's bed so that Laura wouldn't be at their house by herself. And I woke up realizing that this will be my life in two weeks, I in her bed and she in mine. I hope you take as good care of her as you have of me.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home