Sunday, April 02, 2006

Bistro Love and Coffee Percolations

I love bakeries.

We dined on ham & cheese croissants this morning, while our elbows rested on a dainty round table and our legs dangled from the fashionable perch of a bistro stool. As we munched our flaky bites and sipped our cafe leche, I lazily watched the ladies slide trays of delectable things into the bakery case: almond slathered cakes, puffy chocolate-filled horns, and powdered bisquits that looked like they held a creamy surprise within. I could eat one of each, really.

I always thought I would like to have a bakery. But, then again, I have multitudes of longing thoughts, and odds are that most of them will stay just that : thoughts. But how much richer am I for the longing! To anyone who would scoff at my inner entertainment and miss the appeal of having a scope of the imagination, I quote our dear Anne of Green Gables:

Oh Marilla, how much you miss!

5 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

Of course I cannot give an unequivocable answer to such a question without direct access to Pearl herself, but from my little research I would say, with limited certainty but certainty nonetheless, she did not know our Jesus. She was as familiar with him as any good Presbyterian of her day, but she did not embrace a Biblical worldview. And I do not think she believed that any of her beloved Chinese friends were in need of a Savior -- they were good and that was all that mattered to her. So...I leave the rest for you to explore in the book you may borrow from me at any time. I will not, however, give it freely to you! It is now worth far more than 50 cents to this lady!! Thank you again.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

Unequivocal, that is.

10:09 AM  
Blogger sam said...

"But, then again, I have multitudes of longing thoughts, and odds are that most of them will stay just that : thoughts."

Ah, yes, I have multitudes of longing thoughts as well. Some day one or two of them might come to fruition but, then again, maybe not. I still like to sit and think about them though.

Sounds like your trip has been wonderful. I'll be praying for your safe arrival back to the North Country.

10:41 PM  
Blogger TrashTidBits said...

Oh, how I love bakeries too, but the food there is only a rarely on the twinnie plan that I'm on. I like my reduction in weight...so I guess I will only visit bakeries once in a great while.

Looking forward to seeing you. Praying for your safe trip home.
Love, Laura.

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christian thinks that your house IS a bakery! In his own words, "Mrs. Hull ALWAYS has something good coming out of her oven!" Yup, I agree. I'll come to that "bakery" anytime.
Jude

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home