Tuesday, May 02, 2006

1,440 Minutes

There are 24 hours in a day. How will you fill them?











7:30 am

On my walk, I pass this old one-room schoolhouse. I like to imagine the children in their knickers and with their lunch pails, playing under the trees at recess. (Of course, these trees were only saplings, then!)












8:35 am

As I dive into the first KP of the day, I can dream of kayaking. This miniature replica (compliments of Friend #88) of what sits in the driveway cheers me on.













9:56 am

“Studious Boy at work”













10:12 am

“Our Daily Bread”

















2:18 pm

We arrive at Honeydew Acres for riding lessons. Kookalie is finishing up, Daughter #1 is next. It is the perfect afternoon to be in the ring!

















2:22 pm

Kemosquabe perches for a photo. And, no, she’s not quite potty-trained…..














3:44 pm

Here is the view from the piano bench: Accompanying a voice lesson is an interesting highlight of my day.

















4:15 pm

“Hot Cross Buns”, warmed by the afternoon sun.














5:20 pm

Pork Chops a la Salsa, dirty rice, and green beans: the daily special at the Hull’s Diner.












6:15 pm

“New Arrival at the Pony Farm”, Norfolk, NY














7:08 pm

My first sashay onto the Grasse River this season. Heaven.













8:18 pm

“Worship Band: creating the atmosphere”

















8:21 pm

“Julsie Rocks”













8:46 pm

#1 Son takes the camera for the way home. (Note kayak strap…)



8:51 pm

A nice police officer admires my studded tires and expired inspection sticker. Because I was respectful and penitent, I’m let off the hook.


Just another average day. Fun, huh?

6 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

That was certainly fun! This world of technology almost allows us to be two places at once... almost...

1:04 PM  
Blogger 르네 said...

I like the photo journal =)

5:48 PM  
Blogger 르네 said...

One room school houses inspire me...

5:48 PM  
Blogger TrashTidBits said...

How do you get out of tickets? You were with me when I got mine. I guess I needed a camera with me to take a photo of the police officer. I'll remember this next time.

Nice job with the photos. I really like them. Maybe I should do a photo day in the world of garbage.

7:51 PM  
Blogger thisrequiresthought said...

the "cop-car photo" was Ben's online find. It would've been far too nervy of me to pull the camera out last evening!

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Johnny__M says:

That reminds me of the time during my trip to Morocco when I took a picture of a policeman (actually something near the policeman, and he got into the picture).

He took my camera, and my two traveling companions (who between the two of them spoke Arabic and Spanish and English) argued my case.

He gave the camera back with the picture still on it.

Meanwhile, I had videotaped the whole incident from the car.

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home