Friday, May 12, 2006

Another Throng'd Day

We are reading Catherine Marshall's Christy. As a lover of language, I am relishing the Appalachain lingo she so cleverly reproduces on the page. When I read a child's complaint to
the new school-teacher that she gave them "a throng'd day....", full of the three R's and new class-room procedures, I was doubly thrilled.

After this week, my focus will be home again. A tidy sum of money, earned by the sweat of my fingers, will be applied to the household budget. And late at night, when I am awaiting sleep on my bed, a symphony of new melodies will ring in my head.

I'm now late for CFA. Naughty me.



2 Comments:

Blogger 르네 said...

I loved watching Christy on television =) ... "One day," I thought, "that could be me..." And maybe it will...

3:16 PM  
Blogger TrashTidBits said...

The three R's...is that reduce, reuse, and recycle?

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home