Thursday, June 08, 2006

salad that sizzles

I just devoured my lunch, and am compelled to advertise it.

Every summer, a new recipe or food-combo holds my gastronomic attention. Last year, it was Abby Daniel's 4th of July salad: romaine, raisins, apples, pears, and swiss cheese with a lemon-poppy dressing. Oh yeah...
The year before, it was my sister's chopped broccoli and peanut dish. Good stuff to chew. (and swallow.)

Have I tantalized your taste-buds yet? Because if you enjoy crunchy green things doused with dressing, listen up.

TOSS: romaine, baby spinache, julienned carrots, tomato, croutons, chilled steamed green beans, and spicy freshly-toasted pecans. (fry pecans with a schlupp of hot sesame oil. Locally, you can get that oil at the co-op or at Purple Rice.) Drizzle with Newman's Own Asian Sesame Ginger Dressing. ahhhhh.

Make sure the pecans are hot when you add them, and your bowl will sizzle.
(Ask Friend #10. She partook last evening.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Lore Ferguson said...

you mustn't talk about such salads when there are poor college students reading who live on peanut butter and jelly (albeit happily). email your way in about ten minutes. phone call my way in about five hours, yes?

4:05 PM  
Blogger kb said...

Two yums up!

11:36 PM  
Blogger TrashTidBits said...

Blanche said I could live it up now with my eating. Can you bring some salad on our DC trip?

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home