Sunday, July 02, 2006

move over, martha

Today, I attend a very elegant wedding. The reception invitation states:

Adult Reception
Dinner and Dancing
immediately following the ceremony
at the home of.....


There you have it. Elegant.
We drove past the said home yesterday, on our way to Watertown. A glimpse of white tent, long sheer curtains lining the veranda,( yes, veranda....) and perfectly landscaped gardens gave me a taste of things to come. I am looking forward to a beautiful and meaningful ceremony, followed by the reception of the decade.

By the way, I found it nigh impossible to find a DRESS for this occasion, anywhere in any shop in NNY. Crestfallen after a last-ditch attempt in Watertown yesterday, I dug through my closet this morning before church. And what do I unearth? A simple linen black dress, never worn, compliments of TRL. Draped with a Spanish silk shawl and black pearl choker, compliments of a loving Hubby, I am off to trip the lights fantastic.

Happy Wedding Day, Christian and Elizabeth.

4 Comments:

Blogger thisrequiresthought said...

Note by author:

TRL?
"the rich lady"

2:53 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

No, it means Total Request Live.

Duh.


That sounds pretty nice. i had no idea that the reception was adults only. No wonder why Josh wasn't invited. Oh well. i'm not either.

So. would you like to come to my baseball game monday?
its in massena at el high schooleo.

Ok bye.

-Pete

4:03 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

We so wish we could have been there.

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was the reception of the decade, and you looked terrific--as always!

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home