Sunday, July 22, 2007

confession

I played hooky from Sunday school this morning. I was elsewhere. Gone. A no-show. I went astray, made a non appearance. Made the slip, split, bolted for the hinterlands.
If you knew where to look, you may have seen the departing ripple of a green kayak or heard the nimble splosh of an orange paddle.
I'm not making excuses. I'm not feeling too sorry about it. I'm not saying I should do this every Sunday morning whenever the air is cool, the water is glistening, the water birds are flitting across the river, and the sun is spreading its warm fingers into the marsh grasses.
I'm just tellin' ya where I was. Is all.

3 Comments:

Blogger TrashTidBits said...

I confess too - I went kayaking for about an hour this afternoon. I guess we both have the kayaking bug; watch out everybody it could be contagious.

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hummmm....how much does a kayak cost? I could use some upper-body strength, and that sounds like a wonderful way to get it.

9:28 PM  
Blogger thisrequiresthought said...

my kayak is a cheap one. my hubby bought it at BJ's.
Laura's is from a sports shop. more pricey, but very nice. (ask her about her sleek paddle!)

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home