Friday, July 13, 2007

downloading

Sometimes it helps me to download my thoughts. In no particular order, here they are.

-My favorite family attended a performance of The Taffetas last evening. Loved it. Did it help that we are intimately acquainted with half the main cast (that would be 2 people) and 2/3 of the band (also 2)? Nah. We would've given thumbs up either way.

-We came home late and a strange man greeted us at the door. It was Joe Moore. "Oh yeahhh." said I. "It slipped my mind that you were coming." He was dropped off by friends, so there weren't any wheels in the drive to alert us of his presence. It's all good, though. While seated at the kitchen table, he strummed his guitar and related tales about his year in China while I slid a casserole of baked beans into the oven. A few kitchen chores were going to keep me up for awhile, so it was nice to have musical company.

-I arose early to slap a double coat of paint on a sandwich-board sign. The birds were my musical company this time, and it was lovely until a heap of thunder clouds sent me dashing into the barn for cover. Finishing the chore in a damp barn was not quite as inspiring.

-Instead of browsing through the sidewalk sales and street vendor trucks lined up and down Market Street, I took a side road and parked by the river. Although the wind was a bit brisk, I paddled for an hour in the crisp summer air. Everything was fresh and new and bright, thanks to the gully-washer that had pranced through town an hour earlier.

-There is a cake in the oven: Buckwheat Coffee Cake.

-#1 Son gets to pick out a new violin bow. His present bow was in for re-hairing and was accidentally snapped in half. In half. Accidentally. He will most likely upgrade when shopping, which demonstrates this principle: many times there is a blessing in the breaking.

-Tomorrow we travel to Lake Ontario for a fun family party in honor of Aunt Fran's 80th birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home