Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Madrid properties

This is not our vacation house. Au contraire, my friends. This is the place, however, at which my favorite family will be hanging out this week. We are preparing one of the apartments for renters. This involves hanging sheet-rock over very scary plaster, installing flooring and carpet, fixing some plumbing, and cleaning. Lots of cleaning. Lots.
The photo just beneath it is only a dream. Actually, it is the Robert Carter House in Colonial Williamsburg. Keep this picture in mind, because one can never underestimate the power of transformation. At least when Hubby is involved.



Adjacent to the Big White House is a row of 19th century buildings. The two blue houses on the right belong to us. I haven't had the nerve yet to go inside them, although Hubby and #1 Son have spent considerable time there already. The backside of these properties face the Grasse River.
Here is the meadow and riverfront behind the Big White House. I set my kayak in at the bottom of the hill. The golf course and our church grounds are to the right of this property.
Don't jump! I am standing at the rusty railing, surveying the jungle below. This is the back of the Big White House. Hubby has begun to cut a swath through the sumac brush, if only to feel the surge of immediate accomplishment.
This is the large post and beam barn on the property. I love the stone foundation, which is in excellent shape. I can't say that about much on this property, so let me luxuriate about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

We restore houses, He restores souls.

Restoration - gotta love it!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home