Tuesday, June 17, 2008

my week

I really shouldn't apologize for the recent lack of posts.
Although, I could quote #1 Son's famous apology:

"I'm not sorry for--(fill in the blank).
I'm not even sorry that I'm not sorry.
BUT.
I am sorry that I'm not sorry that I'm not sorry."

That about sums it up for me.

Swiftly moving on, here are some of the extremely random and completely unremarkable items that have made up my week. Be glad I didn't post in detail about each one.

-I went to an auction and paid one dollar for a box lot. It contained a ceramic planter, a wooden spoon, a wooden rolling pin, three small tin molds (for jell-o?), and an elegant coffee pot--the kind that has a woven cloth extension cord. It made great coffee the next evening.
Oh yeah--also a large bronze key on a leather cord. I tried to ceremoniously present it to a few different people, but no takers. It hangs from a shaker-peg in the kitchen.
All this for one measly dollar? What a deal.

-We are eating gourmet greens from the garden. It makes me feel like a queen. Except when I have to harvest, rinse, pick through, and rinse again before eating. Other than that, all those fancy and colorful greens are just divine!

-I had the thrill of accompanying a violin chamber music recital on Sunday. (Bach! Corelli! Vivaldi! and so much more.) The students, along with their very competent teacher, sounded amazing in the resonant acoustics of the First Presbyterian Church.
About thirty of us (Sinclair, Hull, Paladin & Co.) invaded the banquet room at Sergi's for pizza afterwards. Happy Father's Day, I'll say!

-I sat with my mom in Sunday School and in the service on Sunday. What a treat!

-Six of us went canoeing last evening on the Grasse River. It was glorious, as usual.

-Hubby took 3/4 of my favorite family up to Waddington last night. Our destination was the abandoned stone house that I have been dreaming about. I must say, everybody was pretty wow-ed by its intrinsic beauty. Now we are all hoping for a tour of the inside....

-I am taking a few days to put a fresh coat of paint in the family room. The paint was free- (leftover from a job) -all I had to do was have it re-tinted. Today's goal was to dismantle two bookshelves, paint the wall and trim, and put everything back into place. I confess: before I put the books back, I vacuumed them.
Sometimes I think I am a little O.C.D. I mean, c'mon!

-We found out on Sunday that my sister is getting m-a-r-r-i-e-d. She is the youngest of six.
That's fun, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

You surely wouldn't consider looking at the inside without yours truly, right? ;) I've been waiting for too many years you know!

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home