Saturday, August 23, 2008

stuff from the garden

The late afternoon sun warms our first haul of pumpkins. I am not inspired to integrate them into my decorating scheme yet, as I am stubbornly holding on to summer.

Give me a few more weeks though, and I'll be all about cornstalks, gourds, and mums.


Sunflowers are more than welcome this time of year, as they scream "summer". If any flower can cheer me up, this is the one.
"Cheer up," they say. "Be cheerful and gleeful and altogether smiley."

For more pics, click on to my pictures link.

3 Comments:

Blogger TrashTidBits said...

It is hard for me to fathom that fall is around the corner for you folks in NNY. It was a 100 here today. Sue and I had breakfast at the local marina enjoying the summer weather and views of the lake. See you soon.

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE sunflowers.... and have taken many many pictures of the ones around my house as well. I miss you and your family and love you all dearly!!!

2:04 PM  
Blogger abigaildaniels said...

I have to echo Laura's thoughts. I can't belive that autumn is nearing. We are still going to the pool and wearing sundresses with no end to the heat in sight! I hardly feel like lighting pumpkin scented candles when the a/c is running!

Abby

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home