Sunday, August 17, 2008

quote of the week

"I don't even know what to feel right now," Phelps said. "There's so much emotion going through my head and so much excitement. I kind of just want to see my mom."

Debbie Phelps was sitting in the stands at the Water Cube, tears streaming down her cheeks, her two daughters by her side. After getting his gold, Phelps quickly found his family, climbing through a horde of photographers to give all three a kiss.

Mom put her arm around his neck and gave him a little extra hug.


#1 Son departed yesterday for an 8-day trip. This came on the heels of a 10-day trip.
#1 Daughter comes home today. She has been away for 2 whole weeks.

Nevertheless, three people that consider me their "mom" were routing the Olympic teams last night from their perch on our couches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home