Tuesday, May 05, 2009

the merry and crazy month of May

Things are spinning around here.

The month of May holds a host of hopping happenings, a bevy of busy building projects on the brink of imbalance, and enough changes to churn any chump into champing their bits for some chill-out time.

Whew. Just thinking about it makes me want to run to Ottawa and eat a beaver tail. Not one of these. One of THESE. A huge hunk of steaming hot fried dough, sprinkled generously with cinnamon sugar, will help me forget my to-do list for an hour -or at least forty-five minutes.

After I wipe my greasy chin and brush the drifts of sugar off my lap, I will have to face the facts:
WE ARE MOVING IN ONE MONTH TO AN UN-RENOVATED HOUSE.

In other (but not totally unrelated) news, Hubby called me from our Madrid properties this morning. The bridge which sits at the edge of our properties has been closed to vehicular traffic for a year now. Work on it begins in a few weeks, and the manager of the new project is scouting out the following:

1. Access to the river/bridge from our property.
2. Apartments to rent for the workers.
3. General cooperation from us for large machinery to roll over our lawns and riverbanks.
4. A location for their trailers to occupy while the work is proceeding.

Check, check, check, and CHECK.

As my husband said to the nice man from Syracuse, "It's a scratching/itching type of deal, right?"

"Right."

We scratch your itch, and then you scratch ours. -Which means, there will be blessing in it for us, the aforementioned owners of property/apartments/lawns, etc.

This is entirely exciting for Hubby, who is already planning which apartments can be available, which landscaping projects require very large machinery, and where we can use all that leftover cement and landfill material.

2 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

What unabashed ecstasy! How incredibly exhilarating!

At least it's not that Cat in the hat despair line this time... how did it go again?

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Cool.

I have been itching for a stone 'pad' of sorts for the picnic table in our back yard - so it will not need to be moved for mowing. Unfortunately, I have not the strength for such a project. If I did, I would bid for that leftover cement.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home