Wednesday, February 09, 2011

horse-play

Yesterday, I whiled away an hour by exploring the Metropolitan Museum of Art collection online.

People: hear me, now. One simply cannot call browsing ART a waste of time. I see it more as investing in my well-being before going out into minus nine degree weather to play piano for an opera class.

Plus, I was looking for some particular things; namely, some images of horses in the Ancient Persian style. Why, you ask? Well, because it occurred to me that I would really really love a piece of art in that style. If I found the right image online, it would be a str--e--t--c--h, but just maybe, I could duplicate it myself & frame it.

It's what one does when they have extravagant taste, a small budget, and the teensiest bit of artistic ability. I don't know why I thought of horses. But if my memory serves me right, I recall some jaw-dropping renditions of prancing horses, usually topped off with a spear-wielding warrior charging into battle.

I also looked on Wiki & came up with this. WHICH I LOVED.

Before heading into town for a few errands & to work, I sent myself the link in order to think about how to make it -or something even remotely like it- mine.

An hour later, I snagged this beautiful find in the downtown flea market. It is approximately 10" tall and is quite heavy for its size.

I don't know how these serendipitous things happen to me, but let me take this opportunity to once again wish a Happy Birthday to myself.

2 Comments:

Blogger View From A Backyard Garden said...

where are you displaying it?
margaret

3:41 PM  
Blogger Harmony said...

I remember a teacher in college who spoke of "Love Tokens," those ways God has of showing His love even when we don't ask for them or search for them.

It makes me smile to know that He knows you, your desires, your heart -- and provided such a Love Token in such an unexpected way. A birthday gift from the One who is Love!

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home