Friday, June 09, 2006

free is good....

I love free stuff.

Here, for your enjoyment, is a list of free stuff that has landed in my lap recently.

1. a red zip-up jacket, perfect for chilly morning walks. Someone left it in our mudroom months and months ago. We tried to give it away, raffle it, or sell it. But no takers. So now it's mine.

2. various-sized boards and decking. Hubby brought it home from a job; just the ticket to build the small porch on the front of our house.

3. a trip to D.C., coming to me this Monday through Thursday. Add to that, free hotel accomodations and free unlimited access to all the Smithsonian Museums.

4. a 5-foot long wooden bench, found roadside in Potsdam. A fresh coat of white paint, and voila! A multi-use piece of outdoor furniture.

Come and sit on it anytime. No charge.




2 Comments:

Blogger TrashTidBits said...

Can I join you in visiting the museums? I also think that taking in a free opera would be good too.

Looking forward to the trip; it is free for me too.

11:16 PM  
Blogger 르네 said...

free is great! I'm most jealous about #3...you better bring back stories =)

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home