Sunday, June 11, 2006

salt & light

Today's sermon required thought. The biblical application of the words salt and light gives me prime thinking-material for tomorrow's drive to D.C.

Have you ever partaken of saltless bread? I have. Multi-tasking while loading the bread machine leads to all kinds of mishaps. Even sprinkling salt over the butter doesn't do the trick. Bread without salt is not worth the chewing, which leads me to consider the dreariness of a life without spiritual salt.

I scan the extended forecast, looking for the little icon of a cheerful orange sun. A spate of sunless days, gray bumbling clouds, and scourging damp leave me longing, yearning, pining for light. What my soul needs is a day of bountiful sunshine. Come on, June. Delight me with a running start to summer.

Salt. Light.
I'm grateful for the words from the pulpit today. Young whipper-snapper Friend #9 may admit to his ignorance about tools, cooking, and such. But he knows a bit about salt and light.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lore Ferguson said...

Who's friend #9? I'm not sure we have been acquainted numerically yet.

8:29 AM  
Blogger thisrequiresthought said...

Daniel Paladin

I'm in D.C. with Friend #32.
it's getting so complicated, I have to maintain a list.

oh well.

love u

10:41 PM  
Blogger thisrequiresthought said...

Daniel Paladin

I'm in D.C. with Friend #32.
it's getting so complicated, I have to maintain a list.

oh well.

love u

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home