Wednesday, August 16, 2006

road trippin'

I depart tomorrow afternoon for a happy weekend.

The Catskill Mountains will keep me company, crowding the skyline outside my hotel window. Rehearsals in an acoustically perfect old church, dinner in a new bistro, walks down a trendy Main Street, and beautiful melodies will be my lot for the next few days. I will meet some interesting people and reunite with others of a musical kindred spirit. My trusty red carriage will take me down the slopes for more pleasant socializing while I'm "in the neighborhood". Somewhere along the way I will actually have to work, but it won't feel like work. (I've read the scores, and let's just say I'll be doing a heap of counting in between notes.) Mahler and I will get more acquainted in the process though, and he's worth getting to know.

Meanwhile, the Fam will be mowing lawns, cleaning out the fridge, and packing for our vacation. Friend #12 will join us for the whole week in D.C.-Land, where we will do all kind of fun things. We will wedge in a trip to Colonial Williamsburg, too. Oh joy, joy, joy.

Although I may be internet-challenged, my battered journal will be on hand to log interesting events and quirky thoughts, which I will stir together then simmer on the back burner. It may boil down to an unusual burgoo when all is said and done.

See? I'm even at the stove when on vacation.

3 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

Oohhh. Sounds like fun! Can I be gluttonous and say that I would love to move on to a week in DC with some time at Colonial Williamsburg? Maybe I'll sneak on board your train next...!

10:29 AM  
Blogger TrashTidBits said...

Going to DC twice in one year. That is great!! I'm going again in October..any chance you can join me?

Have a great time!

8:39 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

Mahler? Ha! I get to play Jimmy Buffet this weekend! Jealous?
Yeah, I didn't think so. Wanna switch?

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home